Monday, July 12, 2010

Half Marathon


Kid's waiting in the truck with Jerry. LOVED them being there at the 8 mile mark!
Beautiful day. Started out freezing at 5am but ending up hot around 9am.

Beautiful run "down" the Hobble Creek Canyon. Too many hills for me!
Hi! There are really 2 more miles? REALLY! Ahhhhhhh
Me to Jerry: "what time is it?" "I don't know, 12:30" RIGHT! Thanks for the humor Jer :)

My little cheerleaders! They were so cute everytime I saw them. I could hear Theo yelling, and see Lucy jumping up and down :)
"I can do it, I can do it"
Sprint to the finish
Out of 80 girls, I came in 11th with a time of 1 hr 50 min!
Never wanting to run again!
Uh, a little help please?
The two pics we have from my 10 mile run "down" Provo Canyon. Easy compared to the Hobble Creek run! I told Jerry I'd call him when I thought we were starting so he'd know when to be there at the finish...well, I forgot you don't get reception up in the mountains! So I finished looking all around for them. Called them to find out they were just about to leave the house! Oh well, I was glad to have Jerry's cousin and kids cheering for me (her husband, John, was also running). Thanks Lisa!


4 comments:

Hanson Family said...

Wow! Way to go! I just ran my first 5k, but I don't think I'd be attempting a half marathon- that's awesome!

Mrs. Richards said...

OH you are SO inspiring! I don't know if I could ever do a full marathon, but I would love to do a half one day! Look at you go!

Messimoo said...

You look fabulous by the way! So impressed by you and your half marathon! YIKES chica!

We came down for the parade as well, and by the looks of it were only about two blocks away! Boo!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow, good job! Not only did you run far, but fast, too!!