Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm 28! No seriously.

I had the best birthday because it fell on a Sunday which meant I celebrated it all weekend. Friday night, Jerry and I got dressed up and went to our Stake Ball--probably the most romantic thing we've done since we were dating...sad, I know. Saturday we watched the Cougars kill yet another team and then Dave and Sharon watched our kids so we could go to a movie and dinner. Then Sunday, Jerry made a french toast and eggs before I even got out of bed. Then we drove up Hobble Creek canyon and enjoyed seeing the beautiful fall colors. I wished so badly we had someone with us to take our family pictures but we didn't, so luckily there is a nifty thing called a timer and a trunk of a car. After church, Justin's fiance, Pualei, made us dinner and had "better than you know what"...cake. YUMMY!! Thanks for making my birthday a good one:) And could there be a more beautiful time of year than the month of SEPTEMBER!?!
Wow! Jerry looked so HANDSOME in his suit--after we brushed off the cobwebs! :)


Doesn't Lucy look so much like her daddy?


This spot is where Jerry took me on the most romantic date ever. It is so georgeous, it seems surreal!



Thanks for such a beautiful day Jerry! I LOVE YOU!!

Theo blew out my one candle (Jerry was in charge of bringing the candles) since his cousins ended up blowing out his candle on his birthday!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Birthday! I'm so glad! It is the perfect time of year! And if you ever need a very non professional photographer...just call me. :) My schedule is pretty open.

Emilee said...

Happy late birthday Crystal! By the way I totally love your hair:)

Marni said...

Happy Birthday Crystal!!! Thanks for my birthday email too!! I hope it was a good one. It looks so beautiful there. I wish we had places here like that!! We are thinking of coming up next summer. We will have to meet up! You look so good and so does the rest of your fam.

The Stephen F. Powell Family said...

You are totally old, sis. 28? But seriously, can you change the song on mom and dad's blog from "we are family" to something else less annoying. It's killin' us! Haha. You rock!

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Crystal! We need to get together! My kids have been sick, but are on the verge of getting over it. I will call you! :)

Cristi said...

Crystal, I LOVE your family pictures!! And I can't WAIT to take some for you guys!! It will be so much fun! Because ... seriously ... your family is GORGEOUS! Well - you and the kids are ... nevermind about Jerry! Ha ha! J/K! And happy late birthday! So sorry we missed it! What horrible friends we are!! And I know what you mean by "no seriously." I'll be 30 on Tuesday and I'm having a "no seriously" moment!!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

i haven't looked at blogs in forever so i am just getting to wishing you a happy birthday. sorry im so late! i love all the new pictures!