Lucy had syndactyly reconstructive surgery yesterday and did very well. Our day started at 4am to check in at Primary Children's Hospital in SLC at 6am. Though the doctor was more than 30min late, Lucy was such a happy baby. Finally he arrived around 8am and as the anesthesiologist took her away, she looked back at Jerry and I and stuck her tongue out at us (in a loving manner). It was pretty cute; made me feel better than if she were screaming "NO don't take me!!" It only took about an hour and when I went back to see her, she was quite content with a bottle of juice and happy. The nurse said she made her day:) After monitoring her for a while, and after throwing up all the juice (that was the first time she'd had juice), we were able to take her home. We were soooo grateful everything went well. Thanks to all those who prayed for her and an extra BIG thanks to Sharon for watching Theo all day!!
We HAD to get pics of the feet responsible for Lucy's surgery...thanks daddy :)
It's funny how you can't even tell Jerry has webbed toes with Lucy's next to his!
Lucy rocking out waiting for the doctor to arrive
Right out of surgery
Lucy has never been a cuddly baby so we had to get a picture of this!
I loved all 5 seconds of it!
Jerry and I were starving so we stopped to get breakfast on the way home. Look how happy she is for just being out of surgery...must be the meds!
Day after surgery, happy as a lark.
Theo sporting his new hair cut (thank you very much)
Here she is sporting her big booties! 80's are back right?
5 comments:
Those videos of her are so cute! Way to go Lucy - she's so brave! And smiley and happy! Love it!
I didn't know Lucy had webbed toes. Allison has webbed toes on both of her feet too.
Brent and I were wondering if Jerry's used to be that bad or if he had surgery when he was little, too. Glad all went well. What an angel baby! We can't wait to see the finished product!!
How cute is Lucy!! Even her cute little toes are soo cute. I'm glad all went well!
I am glad everything went well. Lucy is such a cuttie! Thanks for the pics:)
Post a Comment